GPODHH recognizes that children who are Deaf/Hard of Hearing (D/HH) cannot grow, thrive, learn or achieve at a level consistent with their potential if they are experiencing maltreatment, i.e., neglect and abuse.
Parents can teach and model behavior and take specific actions that will increase the safety of their deaf/ hard of hearing kids. Together, we can make a difference
Download Safeguarding our children who are deaf/hard of hearing
Seven Kidpower Strategies for Keeping Your Child Safe
- Put safety first
- Keep your radar on
- LISTEN to your children and teach them not to keep unsafe secrets
- Make SURE Kids know you CARE
- Don’t let kids throw stones
- Assess your child and make Safety Plans
- Prepare your child to take charge of their safety by practicing skills.
Download the Seven Kidpower Strategies